Word cloud is showing most frequently used word answer?

My question asks people to give three words.  The most frequently mentioned word isn’t even showing up in the resulting word cloud!  Why?  Something I need to reset to fix?

Wendy Warnecke answered

I’ll try that – thank you again!

Wendy Warnecke answered

Thanks, Jim W.  It’s a textbox.  So, the answer comes as  word 1, word 2, word 3.

I appreciate your tip about capitalization.  The most frequent answer does have some with an initial capital and some without, depending on whether it was the first or second word listed, but the mystery is that word still doesn’t show up in the word cloud at all.

Jim W (Moderator) commented
        • It might be useful to export your response data as an Excel spreadsheet and review the responses to that question. There might be variances in the way that your respondents are entering their words.

It is difficult for your fellow SurveyGizmo users to diagnose this problem without being able to see the responses or the wordcloud.  You may need to submit this problem to SurveyGizmo Support.

I have used word clouds in other analysis applications.  I know that if a word is misspelled, capitalized,  it is treated as a unique word in the  word cloud.  It would be useful to know what question type you are using to obtain the three words.

Jim W (Moderator) answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
          • Views1094 times
          • Answers3 answers
          • Followers1 follower