[Solved] Why does my radio grid question preview column headings in mobile mode? Can I get rid of the preview?

In mobile mode the radio grid question lists the column headings before stating each row question and listing column heading with the button to select.  I think I will lose my survey takers because they have to scroll through the column headings to get to the actual question with answer choices.

Alex Lau answered

Best answer

Hello JC.

I’m not sure if I understand your question fully, but the column headers in a radio grid question are the answer choices. Examine the normal/”desktop” view of a radio grid question:

And the mobile view:

In the default “One at a Time” interaction mode (http://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/survey-interactions), you will see one row (treated as a subquestion in SurveyGizmo) at a time.

If you set the mobile interaction to “Standard”, you’ll see the same format (subquestion title, followed by the columns, which are the answer options), but you’ll see all subquestions/rows listed at once:

I hope this helps explain what you’re seeing in your survey! If you’re seeing something different, please consider pasting a screenshot so we may help further :)

Nathan - Survey Astronaut answered

I have 2 questions are set to Radio Buttons Grid and I have set in Mobile Interaction to “Standard” under STYLE.

However, the border is shorter than normal question (please see Q5 in screen cap), kindly please advise how to sync it, thanks!

Lola Gill commented
        • It looks like you may be using a customized theme which might mean that there is some custom CSS code that is controlling the widths of these columns.

Is this a custom theme? Do you have any custom code that was injected via the Custom CSS?HTML sections (bottom right of the Style page)?

If so, you may need to touch base with whomever made the theme customizations for an update.

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views1210 times
        • Answers2 answers
        • Followers0 followers