[Solved] Why are my responses marked as Partial?

Hello,

Currently, my thank you page is set with “Responses are marked as complete when they reach this page”.

I tested it several times and they are all marked as Partial responses. Can someone help explain why?

So far, I have read these two help articles:

http://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/mark-response-as-complete

http://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/blank-responses

I have also tried to change the “override response status” option on the thank you page.

If the problem is related to which questions are required or not required, is there a best practice tip for this? In other words, should all questions be required or not required?

Lastly, I have a pro-subscription in case this affects the options I have.

Thank you!

rosemariefang asked

Best answer

Hi there!

Responses are marked as Partial when that respondent does not reach the Thank You page, the end of the survey. If all your responses are being marked as Partial a few things to look at would be any logic you have setup that would prevent your survey takers from reaching the end. Also redirects are another thing can take a respondent away from the Thank you page.

I have a great document here that defines these for you. Take a look at the Response Status tutorial. This may help clarify things a bit. And if not, please let us know! You can chat us, reach here on this post or email us at support@sgizmo.co. We are happy help! :)

As always, we are happy to be of service.  Have a rocking’ day!

Tawnee

Clair Johnson commented
      • Hi Tawnee,

Is this issue marked as solved because it was resolved elsewhere? I am encountering the same issue. The Response Status Override is set up, but it just doesn’t seem to be marking responses as complete, even if people hit the appropriate page.

Thanks,
        Clair

Login

Question stats

• Active
      • Views868 times
      • Answers1 answer
      • Followers0 followers