A warning when the submit is clicked

When our respondents press the ‘Submit’ button, is there a way to have a popup warning which asks the respondents something like ‘The survey will now be submitted and marked complete. Do you wish to continue to submit the survey?’ (Submit/Cancel)

I noticed that a lot of our survey respondents reach the final page and realize that they have accidentally submitted the survey. A warning would prevent our clients from accidentally submitting the survey.

Thank you in advance for your answer,

Arun

Jacob H (Moderator) answered

Jim, I totally understand your concerns by adding a JavaScript alert box, but I did want to jump in and provide a quick code snippet if sstarnes is interested in trying it out.

I have used the following javascript on a page that I wanted to add a confirmation. I didn’t have to worry about pop up blockers because I mainly develop for employees that work on our intranet and browsers that our IT team configures.

$(function(){
    $(‘input[value=”Next”]’).attr(“onclick”, “if(!confirm(‘Please review the selections you have made. Press Cancel to review your selections. Once you press OK, you will not be able to come back to this page.’)){return false;}”);
    });

Good luck and reach out if you have any other questions.

Jacob H (Moderator) answered

We have used two different methods for this when necessary.

In some cases we place a TEXT element between the final question notifying the respondent that this was the last question and that by pressing the SUBMIT button below they will be finalizing their response.  We usually style the text block to make it hard to miss.

In other cases we have added an entire page with a REVIEW action (https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/review-response-action).  Text on the page asks the respondent to review their responses before finalizing them.

It would probably be possible to create a popup announcement using JavaScript, but I would be concerned that if the respondent’s browsers had their popup blockers enabled they would never see it.

Jim W (Moderator) answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views2249 times
        • Answers2 answers
        • Followers1 follower