User can’t use “Save and Continue later” – E-mail with apostrophe

Hi,

A user just informed me that the he can’t use the “Save and continue later” option. His e-mail has an apostrophe in it (e.g. Name.O’Lastname@hotmail.com) and when he enters it and clicks save he gets the following error message: “Invalid Email address”

Can you please fix this or let me know a work around?

Thanks,

Carolina

Dominic Sharpe answered

Hi non of those two solutions work for us. We ask the users to use their work e-mail address, so he can’t use another e-mail address. This a survey that each user will complete multiple times, and every time they do: they have to enter info, save, collect additional info and then access again to submit the survey, so I can’t ask him to e-mail it to me every time!

We were using another survey platform before and didn’t have any issues with his e-mail having an apostrophe, he was able to save and continue without a problem.

Can you please fix your software for it to allow to enter an e-mail with an apostrophe? Or alternatively, is there a way to save the link to the survey being completed (with the data entered) without emailing it?

Thanks

dawnmariewalmsley90 answered
      Lola Gill 6.88K Rep.

Hi Carolina,

As other users (like yourself) in the Community do not have access to your survey, we can only offer suggestions. The only immediate work around I can think of at the moment would be to recommend that the respondent use another email address (of course, this is assuming that they have another address to fall back on).

I hope this helps clarify!

Lola Gill edited answer

One thing that you might consider as a work around is to provide this respondent with their ‘edit link’. This is a link that gets them back to their in-progress response.

Here is the SurveyGizmo documentation for this feature:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/send-an-edit-link

Regarding your initial issue, it may be best for you to reach out to SurveyGizmo support as they will be able to take a look at your surveys (something other users in this Community forum discussion are not able to do).

You can reach SurveyGizmo via their chat option:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/chat-with-a-hero

I hope this helps clarify!

Dominic Sharpe edited answer

Hi Carolina,

You send the Save and Continue Link to yourself and just forward it on to his actual email.

Best,
          Mary

dawnmariewalmsley90 commented
            • Hi non of those two solutions work for us. We ask the users to use their work e-mail address, so he can’t use another e-mail address. This a survey that each user will complete multiple times, and every time they do: they have to enter info, save, collect additional info and then access again to submit the survey, so I can’t ask him to e-mail it to me every time!

We were using another survey platform before and didn’t have any issues with his e-mail having an apostrophe, he was able to save and continue without a problem.

Can you please fix your software for it to allow to enter an e-mail with an apostrophe? Or alternatively, is there a way to save the link to the survey being completed (with the data entered) without emailing it?

Thanks

Login

Question stats

• Active
            • Views5925 times
            • Answers4 answers
            • Followers1 follower