Time question type

Do you have any way of appending time to a date question type, or a separate time question type?

Measurement amp Evaluation answered

I contacted the help desk and they provided this work around:

Yes the only options we would have for that would be to use a text box. We do have a validation option to validate is is indeed a correctly formatted time.

Here is our documentation on textbox validation. If you look for the “Preloaded RegEx Patterns in SurveyGizmo” section you will see that we have a pattern for HH:MM am/pm time format as well as various forms of date and time.

So, you would still need to have them enter in the date, which is a bit of a pain, but at least there’s validation.

Hope this helps!

(Formerly krondeau!)

Measurement amp Evaluation answered

I had the same question as krondeau.   The workaround you suggest is not the same thing.  If you are going to offer a Form function, then there are many scenarios why you would want a time question type.  I want a respondent to be able to enter a time, but I want it to be formatted the same way in my output.  i..e 12:30 p.m.   as opposed to 1230pm etc…   sometimes we ask the respondents to enter a time they want a meeting, and this has nothing to do with the time of the record itself.

Chantal Gunter95115 edited answer

There is not a built in option for adding time to the date question, nor is there a time question.

However, there are other options that should allow you to get this data. Take a look at this document to see if it gets closer to what you are looking for:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/record-date-and-time

Cheers!

Dominic Sharpe answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
          • Views815 times
          • Answers3 answers
          • Followers1 follower