[Solved] Survey Page Index to Navigate with a survey

I have a survey that is over 20 pages long that is used as the documentation for a retail store audit.  The client has asked if we can provide a process to navigate forward and backward between survey pages that have been completed.

So let’s say they are on page 10 and they want to go back to look at page 2, but then flip back to page 10 to continue the audit.

There is a custom script sgapiJumpToPage that moves someone forward but that is used jump pages based on question responses.  I tried implementing the __sgtarget function but that resets the page and does not return the values that were already entered.

Has anyone been able to accomplish the creation of a “table of contents” so a respondent can move forward and back among survey pages they have completed?

Jon Erickson asked

Best answer

Holly 2.18K Rep.

Hey Jon,

Thought I’d chime in here!

I actually wasn’t able to get the edit link merge code like Lizzy recommend to work even though I have seen that work in the past.

I was able to find an alternate solution though.

First go to Account>Preferences and uncheck the spot for the HTML editor.

Next we’re going to use some HTML and a merge codes.

Copy and paste the link below. Replace “1234567” with your survey ID. Next replace the 2 with the page ID you’d like the respondent to be able to jump to and “Text of What Link will say” to the text that you’d like to be hyperlinked.

<a href=’https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1234567/Survey-title?snc=[survey(“session id”)]&__sgtarget=2′>Text of What Link will say</a> <br />

Rinse and repeat for each page you’d like the user to be able to jump to.

Hope that helps!

Holly White, Survey Fire Dancer

Holly answered
      • That HTLM selection under My Preferences is a killer if you don’t do it. At first I thought that it was unnecessary, oh was I wrong. You also need to turn automatically correct html in each instance where you use this. Works great otherwise.

• HI Holly,
        I have turned the HTML editor off. I have tried both auto correct HTML on and off.
        The code I am using is ( removed to keep code readable)
        “a href=’https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2411393/Survey-title?snc=[survey(“session id”)]&__sgtarget=6′/ Bear Proof Receptacle /a>”

With auto correct HTML turned on, after saving the question it turns into “a>Bear Proof Receptacle /a>” and of course it does not link to anything.

With auto correct turned off, it does create a link, but it is broken. When I copy the link from the live survey it is “https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2411393/Survey-title?snc=[survey(%E2%80%9Csession%20id%E2%80%9D)]&__sgtarget=6”

What am I doing wrong???

I’ve used something like [survey(“edit link”)]&__sgtarget=2 before to jump from page to page in a survey. The edit link portion keeps them in the same session. Hope that helps!

Lizzy Tekkel answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views1781 times
        • Answers2 answers
        • Followers0 followers