Stuck with quota based redirects

Hi,

It is proabably very simple, but somehow I could not find the solution to what I’m looking for in the documentation.
Fact is, I never used quota redirects, si this is the first time.

This is what need to do (and can’t seem to find out):
My panel provider asked me to set some quota limits at the beginning of the survey, so my respons will be matching population data.

The criteria are sex, age and education. For each of these variables we have (per category) a specific number of respondents we still have to get to complete a representative response set.

I did find out how to set the max quota in the question build frame, but then got stuck.
They gave us a quota full redirect, but does this go?
How do I link this redirect to the variable option quota??

If anyone has a tip I would be super happy :-)

Dominic Sharpe answered

I see what you mean. So in general for quotas, you would not use the Build > Edit question > Advanced Question Setting (Multiple choice options) > Quotas.

Instead, you would use what SurveyGizmo calls ‘Logic Quotas’ which allow you to build quotas around rules such as the number of specific answers to a question:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/logic-vs-distributed-quotas

You can also set up over quota redirects for these distributed quotas. I think that will be the best route to take for your situation.

Also, because Community users can’t access or see your survey, it might not be a bad idea for you to reach out to SurveyGizmo Support as they will be able to see your survey and specific use-case. They can make more specific suggestions based on that:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/surveygizmo-support-hours

Hope this helps!

Dominic Sharpe answered
      Marius 184 Rep.

Yes, I did. But what confuses me is that it is mentioned how to exclude a complete categorie, but nit how to the restrict the number of respondents within a category (as a filter) to a number of responses, e.g. I only need 20 resps. in this gender group and 80 in the other gender group etc…

There is a quota tab in the Build > Edit question > Advanced Question Setting (Multiple choice options) > Quotas. But how does this connect to the disqualify link I got from my panel supplier?
      (See attached image)

Also, it’s not clear to me when to use this ‘quotas’otion and when to the Quotas menu option in the main Tools menu. What is the difference.

If you could help me out with these issues, I would be grateful.

Marius edited answer

Have you had a chance to review this help doc:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/panel-integration

This is specific for people who are setting up their own panel surveys and walks through each step of the process, including the quota redirects. If you haven’t looked at it, I think it’s a good place to start.

Hope this helps!

Dominic Sharpe answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
          • Views293 times
          • Answers3 answers
          • Followers1 follower