+ in spaces between words in custom reporting values

Does anyone else get a + between the words in custom reporting values?

When I save the question with custom reporting value options I am getting “+” anywhere there is a space between words.

This is happening in one of my custom tables and has happened before with other surveys. The survey I am working on is much longer and it is driving me CRAZY to have to keep deleting the + only to have it return… sometimes. It doesn’t do it every time so it is very frustrating.

Has anyone else seen/heard of this?

SG Admin answered

Hi Monique,

I wanted to jump in here and follow up with you. I have been testing this and not able to replicate the + symbol problem within reporting values with multiple words. Are you still seeing this problem in your surveys?

I wonder if this might be related to the browser that you are using or perhaps a plugin on that browser. Please let us know if you have any additional information regarding this problem.

Best regards,

David Domagalski
    Survey Explorer

SG Admin answered

Even when it is typed into the boxes by hand I get the +… 

I will try pasting it with plain text from Notepad and see if that makes a difference. Another issue I am having (posted a separate question) is with the pasting of values with custom reporting values so I’ll kill both those birds and see if it makes a difference coming from Notepad.

Monique answered

I have never seen this in our environment.

Is it possible that some formatting code that appears in your questions is making its appearance in the Custom Reporting function?  I know that strange things often happen when we COPY/PASTE our questions from an MS Word document without filtering out the embedded Word formatting.

Jim Wetherill answered

Question stats

• Active
          • Views3933 times
          • Answers3 answers
          • Followers2 followers