How can I get the short text answers to a Textbox List Question to then become the Labels for the following few Textbox List Questions?

If anyone can advise me on this I would be so grateful. Typical of me to have an urgent problem when SurveyGizmo is on holiday. Bah. 

I’m asking participants to write five goals in a Textbox List question. I want to harvest the info they give and get that to come up on the next few questions in the questionnaire in the column on the left (see pic, Q2).  In other words, I want answers to Q1 to come up as the labels for Q 2, 3, etc.,  so participants can just add information alongside and be reminded of what they said in response  to Q1 each time.

Jess Darb answered

Thanks very much. I worked around it but might come back to using your suggestion for one particular question. Very kind of you. 

Jess Darb answered
      Lola Gill 6.88K Rep.

There is not a way to dynamically bring the information from the first question into the labels of the second (without a scripting customization).

My suggestion would be to ask for the goals via separate textbox or essay questions. You can then bring the answers from those into a text element via (simple piping – merge codes) at the top of the subsequent page:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/simple-piping

If you need respondents to simply reference their goals to answer a follow up question, this will probably be the best way.

I hope this helps!

Lola Gill answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views673 times
        • Answers2 answers
        • Followers1 follower