Salesforce Advanced SOQL for Related Objects

I was just wondering if there is a way to get a field value populated via some sort of Advanced SOQL query using Salesforce dot notation to traverse the data model to another object & field from the one chosen in the first dropdown for ‘Salesforce Object’.

Simple example would be going from Contact up to Account to Custom Object.

Normally in Salesforce you can do a 

SELECT Account.Name, Account.Industry, Account.Custom_Object__c, FirstName, LastName FROM Case WHERE Id = ‘[url(“id”)]’

There doesn’t seem to be a way to do the Field Mapping via the dropdown to any fields NOT on the Case Object, so I don’t think there is a way to pull Related Lookup fields, but just wanted to ask for sure.

My only guess would be to do a Pull Action to get the Account ID from Contact, then save that result, and do another Pull Action to get the Name & Industry, and Custom Object Fields from Account and Save the results, and possible do yet another Pull Action to get any other field from the Custom Object field list.  

Seems like a lot of Pull Actions, Saves, and Pull Actions again just to populate the fields that have an established relationship via the Data Model inside of Salesforce.

Thoughts?

Lola Gill answered
    Lola Gill 6.87K Rep.

You Pull Action solution is what I have done in the past, though in my Pull actions there is an option for View or Edit SQL which may allow you to write the query that you showed:

But, thinking out loud – you may still encounter the same limitation of not being able to map the fields.

Not sure if this is too helpful :/

In any case, I’d be curious if you made any progress or if someone else has any ideas.

Lola Gill answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
      • Views952 times
      • Answers1 answer
      • Followers2 followers