[Solved] Ranking Grid – How to allow for zero responses>

Hello, I have a few questions in the survey that I am building where I am using a ranking grid to allow responders to select up to 3 statements that they consider to be of most importance to them.  However, immediately following, I chose a textbox list that will allow responders to write up to 3 areas of importance if nothing in the above ranking grid applied to them.  For this reason, we are not requiring either question to allow partial responses to both questions. 

I do see how to limit the answer in the Ranking Grid to a maximum of 3 responses.  However, I do not see how to set up validation to allow for zero responses (allowing responder to change their mind and leave the grid completely blank).  I do have 0 selected as minimum response.

During testing, I’ve found that if I select an option in the ranking grid and then change my mind, one checkbox remains filled.  I can’t click it again to remove the response.  I am able to change my answers from 3 checks to one, but I can’t remove the final checked box.  What do I need to do in validation in order to allow allow someone to change their mind and leave all responses in the ranking grid blank after they started making checks?

Michelle Carpenter asked

Best answer

Lola Gill 6.78K Rep.

I don’t believe this is something that can be done with settings in Validation. Radio buttons carry a very specific functionality with browsers where once a radio button is clicked, it can only be un-clicked by clicking another button in that same question.

In this regard, the drag and drop might be a better option…

I hope that helps!

Lola Gill answered

Thanks for your feedback.

Michelle Carpenter answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views801 times
        • Answers2 answers
        • Followers0 followers