[Solved] Randomly select a competitor familiar with

Hello,

I have a particular set of questions that I haven’t been able to figure out how to program. I have a scale question where respondents rate their familiarity with some competitors. I’d like to randomly select one among those provided a top-two-box rating to ask some follow-up questions. I would really, really appreciate any thoughts on how to write this code.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin Lyons328882 asked

Best answer

I think I’ve figured out how to do this.

Step 1: Use a series of Radio Button questions to collect familiarity (e.g., Q1A, Q1B, and Q1C)

Step 2: Create a new page, click Edit, Logic, Randomize Questions, enter “1 question per set”, and check the box for shuffling the order

Step 3: Add a follow-up question for each competitor (e.g., Q2A, Q2B, and Q2C) with a condition to show that question only if familiar with in Q1

Step 4: Create a new page and add a condition that the appropriate Q2 “is answered”

Kevin Lyons328882 answered

Thanks Lauren. Those tools seems very helpful, but for straight randomization exercises. The trick here is the conditional element – something must receive a top-two-box rating to be included within the randomization set. It’s that last piece that’s been a challenge.

One a side note, this type of logic is super easy to perform out-of-the box in every other system that I have used, but SG just doesn’t seem to allow for it – at least not without complex coding. It’s a huge disappointment.

Kevin Lyons328882 answered

Hello,

I’m not sure I fully understand what you are trying to accomplish, but I have personally setup some randomization in my survey using a couple of methods that was recommended by the support team before.

First, using the percent branch action comes in super handy! Here is how that works: http://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/branching-a-b-split-testing

Also, here is another method you could use or try that randomizes which questions are shown on a page: http://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/randomize-questions#randomize-which-questions-are-shown-on-a-page

Best,

Lauren

Lauren Dillard answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
          • Views2495 times
          • Answers3 answers
          • Followers0 followers