How to keep a Radio Button Grid together on one page?

I have several questions with Radio Button Grids, but they’re splitting across pages. That is, each Row Header displays on a separate page with Column Headers below. So in fact it’s not functioning as a grid, but turning each row into a separate question. On the Build view, it displays correctly, but when I test on a tablet, it splits the rows out. How to I keep the grid together so that all Row Headers display on the same page?  Thanks — MF

Mark Forry answered

Thanks Dominic and IS231Rep — this did help — using “not mobile optimized” gets me closer to what we need. I am trying to optimize for minis in portrait orientation, in order to deliver a survey to booth visitors at trade show. We therefore would like to minimize the number of screens while ensuring that the radio buttons are still large enough to be easily selectable. I was hoping for more granular resolution controls, but this might be the best we can do. I’ll continue to explore.

Thanks again — MF

Mark Forry answered

Thanks — this helps — I’ve gotten the multiple rows to display on the same page. But it’s still not a grid, it’s a one-column table — at least that’s how it’s displaying in iPad/Safari. Can this be changed? Is it a browser/display issue? Examples:

Should be (as displayed in Build view): How often do you take the following actions?

Always Rarely Never

Drink

Eat

Breathe

Actual display: How often do you take the following actions?

Drink

Always

Rarely

Never

Eat

Always

Rarely

Never

Breathe

Always

Rarely

Never

Dominic Sharpe commented
        • What you are referring to is SurveyGizmo’s mobile optimization for displaying grids (via both the standard and one-at-a-time mobile interactions).

The only way that I am aware of for displaying grids as traditional grids on smartphones/tablets is to select ‘not mobile optimized’ for the mobile interaction.

There is more information on the interactions here:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/survey-interactions

If you select the ‘not mobile optimized’ option, your survey will essentially present the desktop version on smartphones and tablets, which might not be ideal in terms of the other questions.

Hope this helps clarify!

IS 2.20K Rep.

If I understand you correctly, you may want to check out the options at:

Style tab

Layout (near the bottom of the left side)

Mobile Interaction

IS answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
          • Views586 times
          • Answers3 answers
          • Followers1 follower