Processing statistics on the fly

Hi, I would like to know if data inputs to a survey may be processed on the server in some sort of algorithm with outputs generated on the fly in online reports? Thanks.

Cheers,

Eystein

eysteinkallhovde answered

Hi Eystein,

Just so you understand – I am a fellow SurveyGizmo user like yourself.  I am one of the moderators for the Community Forum and have no connection to SurveyGimo Support.  So you might want to submit your question to them (https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/surveygizmo-support-hours) after the holidays.

In the three years that we have used SurveyGizmo, I have never seen the type of service your are requesting offered to any user.  However, SurveyGizmo does offer services such as the Google Sheet integration and REST API that give you easy access to your response data.

Jim W (Moderator) answered

Hi,

Thanks, Jim. I want to know if SurveyGizmo may be configured to calculate something similar to PMI (purchasing managers index).

The index is based on a simple survey where a panel og purchasing managers are asked if trading conditions are better or worse than the preceding month. 

PMI data are presented in the form of a diffusion index, which is calculated as follows:

PMI=(P1*1)+(P2*0.5)+(P3*0)

where:

P1 = Percentage number of respondents that reported an improvement in trading conditions.
      P2 = Percentage number of respondents that reported no change.
      P3 = Percentage number of respondents that reported a deterioration.

Thus, if 100% of the panel reported an improvement, the index would be 100.0. If 100% reported a deterioration, the index would be zero. If 100% of the panel saw no change, the index would be 50.0 (P2 * 0.5).

Is it possible to have the PMI calculated on the server?

Cheers,

Eystein

eysteinkallhovde answered

Hi Eystein,

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do.  Would the Google Sheets integration work for you? (https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/google-sheets-integration)

Jim W (Moderator) answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
          • Views3280 times
          • Answers4 answers
          • Followers1 follower