Pre-populate question’s options with hidden value

How can I use Hidden Values, or other merge code procedures, to pre-populate some question’s options with Invite Custom Fields?

Jim W (Moderator) answered

You insert them into the DEFAULT ANSWER field on the LAYOUT tab of your question.  You can review the SurveyGizmo documentation for details – https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/preselect-answer-option

NexoHw commented
      • Thanks Jim, but actually I need to populate the Options to a multiple choice question. Can we do that with any possible way in SurveyGizmo? I read about Hidden Values, Webhooks and Custom Fields but none of them seems to work for what I need.

“Each company has it’s own characteristics, like organizational culture, for example. I wanted to ask the same question for everybody, but make it specific about her/his company. Instead of making lots os the same question, it would be very useful to get some merging codes to populate the question with the companies characteristics.”

Unfortunately it is not possible to add customized answer options to a survey on-the-fly.  The answer options are part of the underlying database structure for your survey, and respondents do not have the rights to revise this structure.

As a work-around, you can create a multi-choice question with all of the possible options, and then use answer option logic to control which options your respondents can see – https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/answer-option-logic

It is possible to use merge codes within the answer option.  Just be aware that it is actually the reporting value (https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/reporting-values) that is recorded in the response database, and you can’t use merge codes for these values.

NexoHw commented
        • Thank you so much Jim!

The answer option logic might work well.

Concerning your request to populate the options of a multiple choice question.  It would be useful to know exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

It is not possible to do what you are asking.  The answer options of the checkbox and radio-button questions are part of the underlying response database and there is no good way to revise that database for each respondent.  

However, depending on what you are trying to do, it may be possible to put something together that works in a similar manner.

The more details you can provide, the better the answer that your fellow users can provide.

NexoHw commented
          • Ok Jim, thank you!

My problem is, I have a group of people to send the survey to and they work for different companies. Each company has it’s own characteristics, like organizational culture, for exemple. I wanted to ask the same question for everybody, but make it specific about her/his company. Instead of making lots os the same question, it would be very useful to get some merging codes to populate the question with the companies characteristics.

Login

Question stats

• Active
          • Views694 times
          • Answers3 answers
          • Followers1 follower