How can I pass the language selection to a followup survey?

We have a survey in which the respondents can select to see the questions in English or Spanish.  At the end of this survey, the respondents are asked if they would like to be entered into a drawing for a gift card.  If they answer YES, a URL redirect sends them to a separate survey that collects their contact information for the drawing.  We have set it up this way so that responses are kept separate from the respondents name and contact info.

I would like to find a way to open the followup survey in Spanish if that is the language that the respondent selected in the primary survey. I know that I could setup tracking links for the followup survey that would open it in the appropriate language, and that I can use the logic function in the URL redirect to select the proper link.  I just can’t  find a way to get the language selection info from the primary survey that could trigger the logic.

Any ideas?

Jim Wetherill answered

Thanks Dominic – that was exactly what I needed.  I now have a logic condition that I can use to automatically open the proper version of the followup survey.

Jim Wetherill answered

Hi Jim!

I wonder if this article will help:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/set-up-logic-based-on-survey-language

This article talks about using the “sglocale” URL variable to trigger logic conditions. I’m curious if this will let you do what you are looking for – let me know if I’m missing something!

Dominic Sharpe answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views4770 times
        • Answers2 answers
        • Followers1 follower