How do I use page randomisation with a timer on each page that progresses a user to the next page if they don’t answer in time?

I am building a survey to ask users to pick from two images, each image comparison question should have 5 seconds to answer. If they fail to answer in 5 seconds they should be moved on to the next question. The image comparison questions need to be randomly presented to the user. There are also some intro and exit questions.

I have a survey with the following page structure:

1. intro questions
  2. image comparison with timed restriction
  3. image comparison with timed restriction
  4. image comparison with timed restriction
  5. image comparison with timed restriction
  6. image comparison with timed restriction
  7. image comparison with timed restriction
  8. image comparison with timed restriction
  9. image comparison with timed restriction
  10. image comparison with timed restriction
  11. outro questions

The image comparison questions have a page timer set to 5 seconds and ‘automatically proceed to next page after timer is up’ is checked.

This works fine until I use page randomisation on pages 2 – 10. If the user is randomly shown page 10 at any point and fails to answer in time they are moved to page 11, this could even be the first question from the 10 random questions that they see…but I want every user to have to see all 10 image comparison questions.

Does anyone know how I can achieve a set of 10 randomly displayed questions, each with a time restriction that moves the user to another random¬†page from the 10 that they have yet to see until they have seen them all; when they are then shown the outro questions…???

Thanks in advance!

Dominic Sharpe answered

Hi Bobby,

According to SurveyGizmo’s Page Randomization documentation, the Page Timer feature is not compatible with page randomization:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/randomize-pages#considerations

It looks like you may have to resort to using one of the two features. The other option is to potentially have a custom solution designed by SG’s Programming Services Team:

https://www.surveygizmo.com/programming-services/

Dominic Sharpe answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
      • Views1607 times
      • Answers1 answer
      • Followers1 follower