Beginning January 17, 2017, SurveyGizmo will roll out user-based solutions licensing. Learn more about why we’re switching to a user licensing model.
This post will cover the in’s and out’s of this change and answer any questions about how this affects existing users and new users going forward.
What is a plan?
Before this change, we had different plan levels (e.g., Basic, Professional, Team, Enterprise, etc.) that packaged various features based on our customers’ needs. Our customers increasingly found it difficult to find a plan that met their needs. Thus the switch to user licenses which are much more flexible.
Going forward there will be three plan types:
- Individual Plan
- Team & Enterprise Plan (Multi-User)
What is a user license?
One of the following licenses must be purchased for each user on paid plans. The below license types can be purchased on either the Single-User or Team & Enterprise Plans:
- Basic License – Designed for simple surveys, forms, and quizzes. This level is most appropriate for new or inexperienced users who just want to get started creating without a ton of training.
- Standard License – Similar to our existing Pro account, this license is for users who want to get more from their projects with advanced features and more sophisticated reporting. However, it doesn’t have many of the specific and specialized functions of Market Researcher or HR Professional-specific packages.
- Market Researcher License – Created for power users who dive deep into market research. In addition to functions like advanced quotas, choice-based conjoint, this license includes some advanced question types and our R library.
- Full Access License – For power users who want full, unlimited, unrestricted access to everything SurveyGizmo has to offer. This license includes every single feature for the survey creator who wants unlimited data collection power.
Licenses available within the Team & Enterprise Plan only:
- HR Professional License – This license is designed to meet the specific needs and challenges of human resource professionals. With this license, users have all of the tools they need to conduct engagement surveys, 360 reviews, pulse surveys, and manage job applicants.
- Report User License – For those users who don’t need to (or shouldn’t) build surveys in your account, this license grants users access to reports and data. We use this license most often to share reports with stakeholders so that everyone in our organization is in the know.
- Education License – Available to educational institutions like universities.
Email Volume Limits
In order to continue to ensure good email deliverability, the email volume limits are changing.
First, all email limits will per month rather than per survey.
As far as the limits, all new accounts (accounts created January 17, 2017, or later) will have a limit of 10,000 email sends per month. Old accounts (created before January 17, 2017 or before) will be grandfathered at their current limits, however, those limits are now per month rather than per survey.
If you wish to send a higher volume of emails, contact our sales team at 720-496-2316 or email@example.com.
24/7 Support and On-Demand Phone Support!
SurveyGizmo’s full-time customer support team will be available to all paid accounts featuring a variety of different options.
All paid accounts will be provided:
- Live online chat during the hours 8 am – 5 pm MST/MDT
- 24/7 email support from our dedicated customer service representatives for all users
- Community Help
In addition to these resources, new Team & Enterprise accounts will have access to one phone support seat per account. This means, one user per account will automatically be able to pick up the phone and call our support team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
New Team & Enterprise accounts will come with a single phone user. Team & Enterprise accounts can purchase additional phone users. Single-User accounts can purchase phone users at $2000 per phone seat.
Legacy accounts can purchase phone seats as well, contact your account manager or email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
How will existing users be affected?
With the exception of our free users, existing users will be grandfathered in their legacy plans and will be unaffected for the most part.
Existing Free plan users will need to migrate to the new Free plan or upgrade to a paid plan on Feb 21, 2017. You’ll find that the new Free plan is more generous than other free plans in the industry!
Retiring Scheduled Phone Consultations
On January 17, 2017, we will retire scheduled phone consultations in favor of on-demand phone support which is included in the new Team & Enterprise plan.
Legacy accounts must purchase phone seats for on-demand support; contact your account manager or email our support team at email@example.com to inquire.
Switching to the User-License Plans
If you are on a legacy plan and you wish to switch to the new user-license plan you can do so!
Single-user legacy plan accounts can do so easily within the application under Account > Account Summary.
If you are on a Legacy Team Edition account contact your account manager at 720-496-2316 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make the switch.
We hope this answers all of your questions about these upcoming changes. If you have questions specific to your account contact your account manager or the support team.
We’re excited to continue working with you in 2017!
The SurveyGizmo Team
I am looking at the account options and please can you confirm:
- “With the exception of our free users, existing users will be grandfathered in their legacy plans and will be unaffected for the most part.” . So which parts are effected on the legacy professional accounts, as there appears to be some loss of functionality (including phone support)?
- What are the differences between the new options? Previously there was a table highlighting what was/wasn’t included in the different options
- Without the information, please can you outline what extra am I getting, when the price nearly doubles?
- What are the options for downgrading?
I will ask the account team, but this information should be available and made transparent to all.
I’m thinking about downgrading. How do I know if the features used on one of my surveys will be available on the new Basic License?