[Solved] My surveys need to have multiple sections, is this possible?

Hi,

I am evaluating Survey Gizmo enterprise and so far so good.

There is one area which I need some help with.

The surveys at my organization are large and typically split into sections, the user can optionally complete whichever sections they want.

I found the http://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/section-navigator which appears to give exactly this functionality however it is marked as deprecated.

I have looked through the survey workflow as recommended which looks like a great feature but it does not seem to answer the multi-section survey.

So my question is whether there is a way of creating similar functionality with another tool or whether we can bring the section-navigator back to life.

Kind Regards,

Sean.

seanmcalinden asked

Best answer

Hi, Sean!

I am so sorry about our deprecated Section navigator! I do have a good idea for a work around though:)

The first (or second page, where ever you want it) will ask the respondents what section they would like to complete first and offer a radio button of the sections you offer. After that page, you can set up skip logic so the respondent is taken to the section they selected. The important part for this set up is to create a jump after each section you have so the respondent is taken back to the multiple choice question where the sections are listed. The only down side to this work around is that the sections the respondent previously visited will not be shown as visited but instead appear like a normal question.

Hope this helps!

Seanalee

Survey Princess

seanalee flaherty answered

Ok, makes sense, I’ll give it a go.

Thanks ever so much,

Sean.

seanmcalinden answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views1020 times