Multiple responses from same respondent.

Hello Team,

We have a requirement where the respondents have to submit the surveys multiple times.

Is there an option to achieve this?

Thanks,

Natarajan

Mary L (Moderator) answered

I have a survey that achieves what you are looking to do. It gets sent to and filled out by the same person multiple times within a year with each submission having new answers. To do this, we use the default URL but because we want to be able to track submissions in Salesforce, we append a URL variable with their ID (use a merge code to populate it in the survey). For example:

https://www.surveygizmo.com/X/X/Survey-Name-SurveyID?respondent=[ContactID]  (merge code: [url(“respondent”)]

By using the default share link, you allow multiple responses from the same respondent. The URL variable is only needed if you want an easy way to identify/track the submissions because each time they click the URL, a new response in SurveyGizmo is created. So if you ask them to identify themselves in the survey, you don’t even need the URL variable.

Mary L (Moderator) answered

Hi Elise,

Typically, if needing multiple responses from a single individual, you would use the default survey link.

The default link can be used multiple times so one individual can submit multiple unique responses via that link.

Perhaps you can explain a bit further as to your use case? This could help folks in the Community offer up some suggestions.

Cheers!

Dominic Sharpe edited answer

Hi Natarajan – 

Thanks for your note, and I need to clarify: Do you want the respondent to complete one survey with different answers each time (resulting in multiple sets of answers)?  Or, do you want the respondent to be able to edit his answers on the same survey (resulting in a single set of answers) after submitting it?

I’m a volunteer online moderator and am happy to help.  I’d just like to make sure I’m providing accurate and meaningful assistance.

Thanks,

Donna

Elise Corwin360260 commented
          • Hi Donna,

It’s the first instance from your post, I would like to have the respondents complete one survey with different answers each time which results in multiple sets of answers for the same survey.

Thanks,
            Natarajan

• Thank you Natarajan. In my experience, this is an unusual situation. Have you considered sending multiple survey links (at different times) to each respondent? That would allow each person to complete the survey as many times as necessary. Do you need to compare a respondents two or three sets of answers?

Thanks,
            Donna

• No, i would not prefer to send out the survey multiple times.

Is there a way i can use an url variable for a respondent and the respondent can just use that link whenever they wish to submit a response?

• I am in the same situation, did you find a solution?

Login

Question stats

• Active
          • Views3541 times
          • Answers3 answers
          • Followers2 followers