Logic- all options must be ticked before progressing

I am building a training record using check boxes. I do not want users to be able to proceed until they’ve ticked to say they’ve completed every bit of course work. I had added an Action and selected ‘is exactly equal to’ and selected all of the options on the relevant page, but it seems to be allowing users to pass even if they have not ticked all the boxes on that page. I have a suspicion that the logic is in fact OR rather than AND for all the check boxes- even though it says ‘is exactly equal to’. 

Can anyone help please? 

Dominic Sharpe answered

If Module 4 is already the next page in the survey, that is probably the source of the issue.

The system is trying to evaluate what to do if the logic doesn’t pass, which will naturally be to go to the next survey page anyway. Skip logic is designed to be used to interrupt the typical flow of a survey.

I think this situation could probably be better handled via Validation. If you edit the checkbox question and click on the Validation tab, you can set an ‘if answered, minimum answers required’ number:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/checkboxes#additional-settings

In your case, setting this to 4 would prevent respondents from heading to the next page. You will also need to make sure that the question is required.

Dominic Sharpe answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
      • Views2684 times
      • Answers1 answer
      • Followers1 follower