[Solved] Link to a glossary (or Definition hidden from display)

Dear all,

I want to add a glossary in my survey and make it attractive and dynamic.

Then I really would like to create a direct link to the glossary next to each word I want to be defined and/or I would like to make appear a definition only if I hover the cursor of the mouse over the word or if I click on the word I want to be defined.

But I have no idea how I can make it happen. So can you help me on this?

Thanks a lot!

Florence

Jim W (Moderator) selected answer

Best answer

I would be reluctant to open other browser windows or tabs during a survey session. This would create more navigation issues for the user and increase the rate of response fatigue.  I think that the hover-over option is your best choice.  You can learn how to create these in the SurveyGizmo documentation – https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/hover-text

Jim W (Moderator) selected as best answer

You can use this for the hover text

BEGINNING OF QUESTION TITLE TEXT <span style=”color:blue;” title=“HOVER TEXT“><u>UNDERLINED HOVERABLE TEXT</u></span> END OF QUESTION TITLE TEXT

So you see the beginning and end of the sentence – then where it says “hover text”, in between the “”, enter what you want the hover to say.

Then the Underlined…. what is the word

You can see i have Blue as the color for the hover word – change it if you want.

Then if you want to link it to an external glossary use the Link icon – see image below.

But something that I found to be more user friendly was the Pop Up window – I used the hover and link glossary but change to pop up window because it was actually easier for the survey taker.

http://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/create-a-hyperlink

this the link document.

Mary M (Moderator) answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views1083 times
        • Answers2 answers
        • Followers0 followers