We are currently scripting a survey where we have a question with multiple answer choices that we want our respondents to place into relevant groups.
The required condition for answering the question is – respondents are allowed to place only 1 item in Group A but are allowed to place as many items as they want in Group B, Group C and Group D.
We are unable to figure out how to script this onto the platform.
- Our first choice for question type would be Grouping (Closed Card Sort) but we are unable to restrict/limit the number of items placed in each group (e.g. restrict number of items in Group A to one choice only)
- An alternate choice would be to use a Radio Button Grid instead but here too we are unable to restrict/limit the number of answer choices allocated to column A to only 1. (e..g restrict the number of answers allocated to Column A only)
Any ideas about how we can work around this issue?
For your reference here is the question as it might help you understand our issue:
Please sort each description as you think it relates to you personally. For each description, your choices are:
- The one that’s most like me (one choice only)
- Quite like me (more than one choice allowed)
- That’s not really me (more than one choice allowed)
- Not like me at all (more than one choice allowed)