Legal validity of Signature question

Hello,

I am new to SurveyGizmo and have been very much enjoying the product so far. 

I am considering to use the Signature question to collect customers’ signatures in a contract form. However this should have legal validity and I wasn’t sure whether this would answer all our needs, particularly as we operate in the UK and EU. 

It would be great to have more specific resources if possible?

Thanks

Andrea

mrgrifvf answered

Hi all,

I touched based with our compliance and development teams. The Signature question was not built to the eSign standards.

I will make note of this with for discussion of future possible improvements. As we hear that more users that are looking for the Signature question to meet these standards we’ll definitely consider prioritizing this request!

Bri
    Documentation Coordinator
    SurveyGizmo Customer Experience Team

Community Admin edited answer

Hey, i also have a question. 

ahrfyjcu edited answer

Were you able to find an answer to this apetrucci? 

Mark Ehl answered

I have flagged your posting for the attention of SurveyGizmo Support.  Generally speaking, an online signature is considered to be legally valid as long as it meets the requirements of  local regulations.  In the EU this would be eIDAS (NIST-DSS in the US).  SurveyGizmo Support should be able to tell you which standards are met by the Signature type question.

You can contact them yourself at https://community.surveygizmo.com/email-a-support-hero/ or thru one of the other HELP channels.

Jim W (Moderator) edited answer
            • Thanks for your reply Jim. I will investigate this further with the Support staff.

Best,
              Andrea

Login

Question stats

• Active
            • Views3131 times
            • Answers4 answers
            • Followers1 follower