Language stays english – even if translated.

Dear SurveyGizmo-Community,

I noticed some problem with my survey that we’re translating in 10 languages currently. You can see the problem directly on the first page of our spanish version:

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4088725/EHA-2018-ESP

Notebook is called 

• Portátiles

in spanish. If you chose this and go to the next page (siguiente), then there shoud be 

¿Con qué fabricantes de Portátiles es familiar? 

But instead, it’s named “Notebooks” like in the english version. 

The Code behind this we’re using is:

¿Con qué fabricantes de [question(‘value’), id=’2’] es familiar?

id=2 is the question on the first page. As a language file, we were adding Portátiles in the spanish translation. 

As you can see already, there’s a lot of translation working – but this is the last thing where I don’t know how to fix it. I even made a new question and loaded another id – but the mistake is still the same. It’s always “Notebooks”.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks, Dennis

Community Admin answered

Hi Dennis,

I’m sorry for the trouble with your translations!

In multi-language surveys you’ll need to make sure to use the title merge code in order to pull the correct language.

For example, [question(“title”), id=”3″], [question(“piped title”)]  , and [page(“piped title”)]   – Will all pull the appropriate language in multi-language surveys.

Whereas the value merge codes: [question(“value”), id=”3″], [question(“piped value”)]  , and [page(“piped value”)]   – Will all pull the default language in multi-language surveys.

Here is the tutorial with this info for your reference:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/merge-codes-and-translations

I hope this helps!

Bri Hillmer
    Documentation Coordinator
    SurveyGizmo Customer Experience Team

Community Admin answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
      • Views1947 times
      • Answers1 answer