[Solved] Is it possible to create Descriptive Statistics for a Likert-type question?

I create a survey some time ago using a Likert-type scale – where each option was labeled (Always, almost always, etc.). These were not number options but these labels. I was certainly hoping that SG would enable me to assign values (1, 2, 3, etc.) to these values . . . and then create descriptive statistics.

But, sadly, the survey is done and I am looking at the results and I don’t see any way to generate a report of descriptive statistics.

It may be too late at this point (and I will need to go into SPSS and create my charts with descriptive statistics), but it sure would have been nice to have this more clearly described — or at least allow me to assign values to these labels. People would much prefer to select labels over numbers — but it is the numbers that gives me the stats I want.

I appreciate your consideration of my situation — and welcome any help you can offer me.

Jeff Russell283167 asked

Best answer

Lola Gill 6.75K Rep.

It sounds like you might be looking for reporting values:

help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/reporting-values

This feature gives you the option to ‘code’ your answer options with numerical values for reporting purposes. Since your data collection period is over, it may be simpler to analyze in SPSS like you said – but it does sound like reporting values should get you what you are looking for in the future.

Lola Gill answered

Lola,

Many thanks! This solved my problem and I WAS able to go back and add these values – which then allowed the descriptive stats to work retroactively. Really appreciate your help on this.

My life was just made a lot simpler!

Jeff

Jeff Russell283167 answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views809 times
        • Answers2 answers
        • Followers0 followers