[Solved] I get more than 100% responses on a radio button in a report!

Patch management956.3%637.5%00.0%212.5%16

This adds up to 106%.

The culprit here seems to be that you think there are 16 responses when there are 17.  This isn’t too good, I’m thinkin’.

This is from my CMDB survey, the most recent report.

AlanR asked

Best answer

Hi Alan,

Jim alerted the SurveyGizmo Team of this post on the Community.

The main cause for a percentage above 100% is the use of a checkbox question type (either a simple checkbox question or a checkbox grid).

Because these question types allow more than one box to be checked for the simple checkbox or more than one box per row for the checkbox grid, percentages do not add up to 100% and can very much be over 100% (these percentages should not necessarily be interpreted with the row total in mind).

The best way to interpret this data is:

of all survey respondents, x percent checked this box in this row…

A simple example of this could be a single checkbox question with four answer options. If the survey has only one respondent, and that respondent checks all four options – the report would show us 100% percent for each option (because 100% of the survey respondents selected each option).

I hope this helps clarify. If you have any follow up questions with regard to your survey specifically please contact our support team at support@sgizmo.com

Regards,

David – SurveyGizmo

Admin - SurveyGizmo answered

I had a radio button where this showed up. But I also saw later on that somehow someone had gotten two buttons pushed. Kinda odd.  Maybe they came in while I was editing it or something?

AlanR answered

The members of the community would need a lot more information in order to help you.  what kind of question is this, where are you seeing 106%.  And since nobody in the community can access your surveys, we are not much help.

I am going to flag you post for the SurveyGizmo support team to review. They will probably be more helpful.

Jim W (Moderator) answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
          • Views814 times
          • Answers3 answers
          • Followers0 followers