[Solved] How to Crosstab on a Hidden Variable

About a year or so ago, we asked SG support how to create a crosstab report based on a hidden variable. They gave us a method of doing it, but I can’t seem to locate the conversion or survey it was in. I also couldn’t find any documentation on SG Support on how to do this.

Does anyone know how to create a crosstab based on this? For instance, if I assigned a random number to all my visitors between 1-10, how could I create a crosstab based on that variable.

Note: Creating multiple filtered summary reports and then combining them manually will not work because of question spacing issues (despite my simple example, the variable I want to crosstab by is also defining many of the question paths throughout the survey, so not all questions will be given to all respondents).

Thanks!

Nick Wicks asked

Best answer

Lola Gill 6.78K Rep.

Hi Nick!

If you create a radio question (for example) with all the possible values that could be generated by your hidden variable.

You can place the radio question on a page that follows your variable, and use the ‘default answer’ option under layout to populate the radio button question based on the value from the variable (via merge code).

You can then hide the radio question and this will effectively give you a question that is answered by your variable, and since it’s a question, you could Cross Tab based on it.

Hope that makes sense… kinda tricky to explain

Lola Gill answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
      • Views870 times
      • Answers1 answer
      • Followers0 followers