[Solved] How do I build a survey that is filled out by one person online, and when it is submitted, it goes to a 2nd person who then approves it (say by a signature or a tick box) approved by another; And then both the sender and the recipeint get a copy of the filled out and signed form and I can see it all on my end as the surveygizmo adminsitrator?

How do I build a survey that is filled out by one person online, and when it is submitted, it goes to a 2nd person who then approves it (say by a signature or a tick box) approved by another; And then both the sender and the recipeint get a copy of the filled out and signed form and I can see it all on my end as the surveygizmo administrator?

D Hwang asked

Best answer

Hi D,

I actually have a survey that I did this exact thing.

First Page –

• Collects information/feedback

Second Page – 

• Set as a terminal page
    • Sets response to “partial”
    • Email action that fires off to administrator.
      • Inside this email I inserted an edit link that goes to the 3rd page.
      • [survey(“edit link”)]&process=1&_dbget=true&sg_navigate=3
        • process=1 // custom url variable that is used on the next page
        • _dbget=true // pulls the information from db
        • sg_navigate=3 // pushes user to 3rd page

Third Page –

• Page has logic to view IF url variable “process” = 1
    • Radio button that is either approve/deny

Fourth Page –

• Terminal page that sets response to “complete”
    Jacob Hayslett answered
      • Hi Jacob

I tried to build something similar to this a while back (albeit with more pages and more ‘reviewer’ questions), but there was one issue I couldn’t get around (so I gave up in the end and we reverted to admins logging into SG and completing their part in the admin side of the system, as this is workable for us) – just wondering if you have experienced the same thing though…

This issue was that if the survey recipient had completed the survey and the administrator had clicked on the edit link in their email, but then failed to complete their question(s)/failed to submit, the original respondent would then technically be able to access the ‘admin’ page, by clicking on the survey link in their original invitation email (and in theory could then have completed the admin questions themselves, and/or viewed any saved admin responses on the page). While the risk of this happening is fairly low (given it would only be accessible in the window between the admin clicking the edit link and submitting the admin section), we weren’t comfortable with it.

I tried adding various URL variables to the edit links and as page logic to the relevant pages etc., but it didn’t seem to make any difference, the invitation link would always seem to override it. It was a while ago now, so I am tempted to try again and follow your method, if you aren’t experiencing this issue?

Thanks!

Login

Question stats

• Active
      • Views841 times
      • Answers1 answer
      • Followers0 followers