[Solved] How can I change the meta description/title tags of my survey to influence how the thumbnail appears on a Facebook post?

Title says it all. Tried editing title and description in the advanced tab, but it did not change the meta description tags at all..When I share on Facebook. Any help?

Paul Gamble asked

Best answer

Perhaps this might help:

http://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/share-on-social-media#facebook

Step 3 specifically appears to cover adjusting the title, description and image.

Something to keep in mind here (that they mention in the article) is this:

“Before we get started with the steps to share your survey on Facebook, we need to mention a delay that exists in the Facebook post process. Once you post to Facebook – your post with a title, description and image will be cached for up to 24 hours. This unfortunately means you have one shot per survey to get the post right. If you’d like to try out the various image options or get an idea for what title and description work best, we recommend testing out the post in a test survey. You could even create a dummy Facebook account to try out your posts so you don’t have to worry about scrambling to delete them!”

This can make it tricky to test this out – one you post, if you then make changes to your post, it can take up to 24 hours for it to update on FB.

Hope some of this helps!

Dominic Sharpe answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
      • Views475 times
      • Answers1 answer
      • Followers0 followers