How to use Google Analytics to track email campaign opens

SurveyGizmo used to allow you to track “opens” when you sent out an email campaign. That would tell you if someone opened the email, but did not click on the survey link. They no longer allow you to track that. I read somewhere that you could use Google Analytics to track email opens by placing a code in the email. I could not find any information about this in SG help or forums. I did see that you can add Google Analytics to track the actual surveys, but not specifically the email campaigns. Has anyone done this? Does anyone have any information about how I might go about this? Many of our “surveys” are actually forms that we need our members to complete. Our fear is that the emails are going to the junk folders and people are not seeing them. Tracking opens would at least give us an idea of how many are being delivered to the inbox but people are ignoring them. 

Thanks,

Kristin

Kristin Figueroa9242 answered

Thanks, Lola. We had found similar articles online and tried them, but SG would alter the code. It did look a little different than this one though. So we’ll give it a shot and see.

Kristin Figueroa9242 answered
      Lola Gill 6.78K Rep.

I found some resources online that talk about this:

http://dyn.com/blog/tracking-email-opens-via-google-analytics/

It looks like you would need to embed a tracking pixel in the html of your email message. A SurveyGizmo email campaign message does allow you to access that message’s html via the <> icon.

I would take a look at the above link and try it in a test campaign to see if it works for you!

Good luck!

Lola Gill answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views975 times
        • Answers2 answers
        • Followers1 follower