[Feature Sunset] Summary Reports in New Surveys

Hi There,

We have a pending plan to sunset the Legacy Summary Report (no date has been set as of now).

We are planning to phase out Legacy Summary Reports permanently for all account levels, and currently evaluating when that will happen. After we’ve decided on when the best time will be, we will notify customers in the app ahead of time.

Why are these being removed?
We are launching our new and improved reporting suite, which will include the vast majority of the features you’ve used in your legacy Summary Reports, and some new ones as well!

What should I do if I have questions or need help?

We’ve been getting a ton of great feedback regarding what you need to see in the Standard Report before we officially sunset the Summary Report (we do not have a scheduled date for this as of now). We have been churning out features in the Standard Report and decided we needed to give you some visibility into the process.

Thank you!

Taylor Morgan
Manager of Customer Service – Survey Mermaid, SurveyGizmo

TheWorkplaceNetwork answered

I never have used Survey Gizmo reports “as is” with clients.  I need the flexibility to reformat, condense and do additional data analysis.  Without robust exporting functions – with Excel most important and Word second – you have dramatically reduced the value of your software for me.  I have been a raving Survey Gizmo fan, but as it appears now, I will have to move on when the depreciated reporting function goes away.

Lee Crumbaug answered

I created several reports prior to the launch of the new formats for a client (a separate report for each of over 100 different subgroups); are all of these going to be invalid by 4/20? I will need to flag this for the client and potentially redo this work

SurveyGizmo Escalations commented
        • Hi there,

No need to worry about that just yet. We’re reevaluating that 4/20 date and will be updating the app once we’ve come to a decision on the timing. Likely the sunseting of legacy reports will also be done in phases, starting with preventing the creation of new reports and then at some later date turning off the ability to rerun existing legacy reports. Stay tuned for updates.

Eliminating the legacy summary report with adding comparable functionality to the Standard Report is an absolute non-starter for us.  We constantly use the export to Word and Excel capabilities.  Removing this capability will make reporting extremely difficult.  It seems as if you’re assuming that everyone will simply present data using the Standard Report and nothing else.

This is not the case.

We, for example, do all of our reports in Word.  I’ve previously provided examples of what we do to support in an effort to beg you to not make reporting absolutely unusable!

Please reconsider the elimination of the legacy summary report.  It is incredibly useful.

SurveyGizmo Escalations commented
          • Hi, thanks for the feedback. So the good news is we are investigating bringing Excel back as an export option, but it won’t be exactly the same as it was before. A big caveat is we will not allow it if you have segments set up in the report (this was not an option with our old segmentation reports anyway so not much is really lost here).

We are also reevaluating the plans for legacy summary reports; not sure when exactly that will happen but it will likely be done in a phased approach starting with removing the ability to create new legacy reports, and then at a later data turning off the ability to rerun existing reports. So that’s not going to happen right away, but we will update the app with more information when it’s figured it out.

As for Word, as far as I know there are currently no plans to bring Word exporting into standard reports but we can discuss it some more on our end. It sounds like you’ve already contacted us with your use case for it, which is incredibly helpful for these conversations, so thanks for that!

I just asked this on the other thread, but please tell me that by April you will have the ability to use the advanced appendix on the new reports!  We started using this after learning about them from your trainers and through your webinars and now they are critical to our closed loop feedback process.  We need the ability to pull in the survey takers name, phone, email, and sometimes the company they work for and put that in the report right next to their comments.  We will be very disappointed if this feature is now deprecated.

SG Admin commented
            • Hi Sheila,

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! Our Training and Service Teams have documented this and forwarded it to our Development Team.

While there are no immediate plans to include a feature exactly like the Advanced Appendix in the Standard Report, the DIY Tables and to a certain extent, the Contact Form Contact Cards can used to retrieve data in a similar way as the Legacy Summary Report Advanced Appendix.

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/diy-table
              http://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/contact-form#reporting

We will certainly keep you posted should there be any updates with the Advanced Appendix Element specifically.

Thank you again for taking the time to share this with us.

Best regards,

David – SurveyExplorer

I need download as excel also! please don’t remove it, I use it all the time.

Community Admin commented
              • Hey Shane,

Thanks for the info. Like I said to Eva below, we don’t currently have plans to add the Excel export option to the Standard report. We ARE collecting data about the specific use cases for this feature, so we can make an informed decision about whether or not it’s something we should add back in.

I would love to know a bit more about how you use the Excel export. Would you be willing to share an example of a report you’ve created using this data?

If you’d rather share examples privately, you can send them over to support.

The last thing we want to do is to make your life harder. With a bit more data, we might be able to come up with a workable solution!

Thanks again,

Taylor

• life will be harder… here is an example. one way that I use SG is I create a single survey as a poll type question but I create many questions and have it set to show 1 random question. this allows me to get many answers in the same data set instead of creating 40 poll questions.. and having to change them out… I can get answers to lots of questions over many days this way…

always I add a Not sure or N/A to poll questions. the results of the question include this in the result… so the percents don’t really represent the answer to the question. and you can’t filter that out 40 questions for that 1 item in each question… so I create an summary report, filter for US only, ip dupe removal and then download as excel… I then use excel to get the correct percent for each answer..

so… if you guys remove this feature, I will then have to export all the data and use another tool to do all this work. the excel option makes it really easy and fast… If you have a better way? I’m all ears…

• Hi Shane,

As an update, we’re now investigating bringing this functionality into standard reports. It would be different than what legacy summary reports have currently, and one definite caveat is we will not allow it when segments are present in a report, but there is some movement happening on this issue! No promises that we do bring it in but we are definitely investigating it now.

• Can you please update as of January 2018 where all the enhancements stand – especially the ability to download in PDF and drive WHERE the page breaks land. Thanks.

• Hi Chantal,
                Page breaks in Standard Reports downloads can be set up between each question. Here’s a tutorial with more info:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/insert-page-breaks-and-page-numbers

I hope this helps!

Bri Hillmer
                Documentation Coordinator
                SurveyGizmo Customer Experience Team

• Re the page breaks: No that does not help at all – page breaks after each question mean there is tons of blank awkward space and that is simply not a usable report for our clients – not one of your download options works well for us or is remotely appropriate for client sharing. I have had lengthy conversations with your support team, and been assured that enhancements are being done within weeks as they are prioritized and in the queue, and I am looking for an update. Please take a look there and let me know. Thanks.

• Thanks for the feedback Chantal! I’m aware of many enhancements currently in the works for the Microsoft downloads (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Nothing yet planned for PDFs though this is a sticky point for many of our customers; I’ll see what I can do to get this prioritized with the development team.

Bri Hillmer
                Documentation Coordinator
                SurveyGizmo Customer Experience Team

Login

Question stats

• Active
              • Views94748 times
              • Answers11 answers
              • Followers4 followers