Exporting Unique Links for Client Deployment

Can I export a list of unique links that I can then give to a client to populate their email blast?

jeffhecker asked

Hi Jeff, 

From this page: http://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/sguid-the-url-variable

The SGUID can easily be created in Excel or by your client.  I recommend something like the below formula to create a sguid that is not guessable.

So paste this formula in Excel into cell A2 (replace the URL with your survey link) and then copy it down for as many unique links as you need.

=”URL?sguid=”&DEC2HEX(RANDBETWEEN(0,9999999999),10)    

[NOTE: THIS FORUM SYSTEM IS CONVERTING DOUBLE QUOTES TO FANCY QUOTES.  SO WHEN YOU PASTE INTO EXCEL YOU’LL NEED TO CHANGE THE ” TO A DOUBLEQUOTE BY ACTUALLY TYPING THE DOUBLEQUOTE]

ie: URL is http://sgizmo.com/1234/mygreatsurvey

**Important, after you’ve done that, copy the column, then PasteAsValues.  Otherwise the formula will change the values on every edit.

If you’re paranoid, you can run the Excel deduplicate to ensure those are you unique values, but the chances of there being any duplicates is way less than winning the lottery.

David Bamboo58469 answered

Can get the email addresses from your client?  If so, create an email campaign and upload those addresses to a contact list.  Once that is done, open the DELIVERY STATISTICS tab and click on the EXPORT CONTACTS WITH SEND STATUS.

Open the resulting CVS file.  One of the columns is called INVITE LINK.  This column contains a unique link for each of the email addresses on the contact list.

Just to  be clear – you are not going to use the email campaign to send the survey.  You are just using it to create the unique links.

Jim Wetherill answered
        • Good idea. All Gizmo is doing is populating the SGUID field with a unique link. Lots of ways to do it.
          The downside of this, is most times I know the end client is resistant to send their email addresses around willynilly

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views2136 times
        • Answers2 answers
        • Followers0 followers