How to keep email anonymous

I lose a lot of interested participants when I ask for their email in order to follow up six weeks later.  Is there a service where I can still identify them, but their email is not revealed?

David Cohen answered

It sounds like you need to be able to identify your respondents but not see their email? Is there other information that you collect in the survey that allows you to identify them?

You could make the email question optional (maybe you are already doing this?) or perhaps direct respondents to a second survey where they provide their email address and that way the email is not tied to the original survey.

I may need to know some additional details about your ideal scenario to provide a better suggestion.

I hope this gives you some ideas though!

Dominic Sharpe answered

The problem I have is that I need to send emails to them in the future and I need to partner them with their mate. (which I do through the emails addresses)  I don’t need to see their email, but I need to use it. and I need to be able to track them (I also have a drawing at the end that I need to be able to send them a winner notification).

I lose about 60% when I ask for their and their partner’s email.  I also send an invitation to the partner how to join the research.

I appreciate any thought you might have about this.

Thanks

David Cohen answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views1976 times
        • Answers2 answers
        • Followers1 follower