Drag & Drop Prefixed options

To whom it may concern, 

I’d like to ask whether it be possible to have a prefixed answers to the Drag & Drop question type. For example, I have 5 options (A, B, C, D, E). I want solely for the survey participants to rank A within a prefixed of B,C,D,E.

See the image for reference.

Thank you very much and I’m looking forwards to hearing from you soon.

Jim W (Moderator) answered

You can’t set default answers for Drag & Drop questions, so you would have to create a custom script.

You could use the sgapiSetValue function to move the four values to the SELECTED box, and leave the A option untouched.

It would be a relatively simple script – you would probably only need one line.  This example is copied directly from the SurveyGizmo Developer documentation:

sgapiSetValue(2,array('10001' => 4, '10002' => 3, '10003' => 2, '10004' => 1));

In this example, ‘2’ refers to the question ID of the Drag and Drop question. You will have to specify both the question ID number and the option SKUs for your script (10001, 10002, etc.).  You can learn more about them in the  SurveyGizmo documentation – http://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/how-to-find-ids#using-the-question-page-id-lookup-tool-to-get-ids-within-your-custom-scripting-action-

Good luck!

Jim W (Moderator) answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
      • Views1196 times
      • Answers1 answer
      • Followers1 follower