Why doesn’t “soft require” validation work in my survey?

I added “soft-require” for a couple of questions so respondents would be reminded not to skip them.  The reminder does not appear in test mode, so I tried it using the live link.  Still doesn’t work.  I also tried to make the entire page a “soft-require” using the bulk editor.  Still doesn’t work.  What am I doing wrong?

Lauri Kay OA Manager answered

That made sense to me, so I edited each response box to soft require.  No dice.  it still goes on to the next page with no notification.

Becky Wilkins answered

I placed a soft reminder on every one of my questions. It’s not working. Should I only place on subquestions and not the main ones? I am able to not complete any questions or can skip some and still submit. Granted, the results show partial completion and those not answered but I want every question to be answered and if not, have a soft reminder pop up.

Dominic Sharpe commented
        • Could you clarify what you mean by sub-questions vs main questions? Are you using a Custom Group or Grid Questions?

I think your note about sub-questions vs main questions might be the issue, so it might be worthwhile to see if this works better when you apply the soft-required setting to the subquestions.

Hope this helps!

The question is a fill-in-the-blank (contact info).

Dominic Sharpe commented
          Lola Gill 6.99K Rep.

Thanks for posting on the Community forum!

Are you seeing this issue with specific question types? I have soft required questions on one of my surveys and it’s working as expected (this is on a Radio Button question). I’m wondering if there is something peculiar about your survey.

If you need troubleshooting on this, I recommend reaching out to SurveyGizmo’s Support Team:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/surveygizmo-support-hours

Lola Gill answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
            • Views9403 times
            • Answers4 answers
            • Followers1 follower