[Solved] Do I really risk losing survey answer data by editing my SurveyGizmo Thank You page?

I was just about to edit my Thank you page, but when I clicked edit, I got the following warning:

” Careful now, you already have responses!
     Your survey has collected data, making any changes to your survey now could result in apparent data loss and         problems reporting.”

Do I really risk losing survey answer data by editing my SurveyGizmo Thank You page?

Dan asked

Best answer

I don’t have a definitive answer on this, but I don’t think you would literally be affecting the existing data. I think this pop up is more a general cautionary message to make sure people don’t affect their reporting.

Jacob Hayslett answered

You can change question text (but not type) and you should never change answer options after launch, especially in drop-down selectors. You will not lose data but it may become corrupted (which is just as bad).

Chris Betts348295 answered

It can affect your data. If you remove a question you will lose the data already gathered. If you change the answer choices for example. Most of the time it doesn’t hurt to edit your questions.

Joy Walko145716 answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
          • Views2567 times
          • Answers3 answers
          • Followers0 followers