Disable a textbox with the default answer

Hi

Basically having an example question for a quiz, so the textbox has the default answer of the question but I want to then disable the textbox so users can’t edit the default answer.

I’ve tried JavaScript but it disables all the textboxes so no one can complete the quiz.

Thanks

Paul

Jim W (Moderator) answered

Question – if it is an example question, why is there a concern about the respondent changing the answer?  It seems like you would hit a point of diminishing returns very quickly in trying to prevent a non-consequential action.

Paul Clarkson378376 commented
      • Hi Jim
        Completely get your point but for a quiz where English isn’t the first language of the respondent I want to minimise any confusion and so locking the default answer will help make it clearer in case they accidental clicked into it.

It’s not the end of the world not being able to do it but it just seems like something that should be easy to do.

Thanks

Another alternative – set the question to use the Autocomplete function and make the default answer the only option that can be entered.  Review the SurveyGizmo documentation for details – https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/force-autocomplete-values

Jim W (Moderator) answered

Hi Mary

I did think of that but then if someone resizes on a phone it might not match up dimension wise. I’m really surprised there isn’t a css name like disable that does it.

Thanks

Paul Clarkson378376 answered

Hi Paul,

I have a suggestion for a work around.  Why not just take a screen snip image and upload that to the page where you want the default question.  

Check out this help article on images: https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/image

Mary

Mary L (Moderator) answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
            • Views881 times
            • Answers4 answers
            • Followers1 follower