Deleted Question Options Appear in Piping

I am building a survey where I use a single select grid question with a list of brands as rows and then Awareness, Purchased, etc. as the columns.  It is followed by a checkbox question where each brand is listed with logic on each brand option so that it will only show if certain selections are made in the previous grid.

Originally the grid had 24 brands listed and we culled that down to 14.  Changed all the logic.  And yet somehow the brands that were culled–deleted–are showing up in the piping.  This is not the first time I have had Zombie options appear.  Has anyone had something similar happen and what did you do to solve it?

Images show the programmed questions and then last the way the one shows up with the Zombie options.

Dominic Sharpe answered

It sounds like you are using Answer Option logic to show the answers in the follow-up checkbox based on the rows in the grid.

I have seen these zombie options show up, but when I have seen this in my survey I has set up piping initially before settling on answer option logic. I then forgot to disable the piping before testing my survey which resulted in some duplicate options.

Have you verified whether anything is set up on the Piping/Repeating tab when you edit the Checkbox question? Might that be the issue?

Hope this helps!

Dominic Sharpe answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
      • Views244 times
      • Answers1 answer
      • Followers1 follower