[Solved] Customizing file name for export

Does anyone know how you can customize the file name for the file export process?  My client would like the daily export to have both the number of records and the file creation date such as FileName_<num_records>_<date>.csv.  Does anyone know if that is possible.

Also is it possible to have the file sent via a sftp connection or is it only available via the download link and by email?

Jon

Zuriel Ebron294968 answered

Best answer

Hey Jon! Unfortunately, we don’t have any way to specify those file names in that way. We also do not have sftp deliverability functionality at this time.

I’m so sorry to be the bearer of bad news! Here’s a kitten to hopefully make it less bad:

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help! –Caitlin

Caitlin - SurveyGizmo answered
      • Bummer (not the cat) as I have a lot of clients who have requested this. Hopefully some day we can get this added.

Is there a way to customize the file name to not include the date?

20161007195904-SurveyExport.csv

I’d like it to just say SurveyExport.csv.

It’s so I can automate the process of uploading it to Dropbox. Having the export sent from survey gizmo to Dropbox via sendtodropbox.com so it can automatically upload to our data visualizer. The problem is that the date throws it off and it changes every day. Unfortunately, I always need to delete the date since our data visualizer is looking for SurveyExport.csv. Anyway this can happen? Thank you!

Z

Lola Gill commented

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views2234 times
        • Answers2 answers
        • Followers0 followers