Custom Calculations on Reports

I need to perform custom calculations (basically aggregating values from different radiobutton questions) and show that on a Standard report.

What would you recommend for doing that? any suggestion and/or pointers to examples?

Thanks a lot!

Alex

Jim W (Moderator) answered

I would suggest that you start by reading the SurveyGizmo documentation section on performing basic math with custom scripting – https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/basic-math-using-scripting.

This page contains a description of the sgapi functions you will use, a copy of the script, and a sample survey that you can download and use as the basis for your own custom script.  

Good luck!

Thanks for the clarification.  The reports are basically database queries, so there is no built-in functionality for including custom calculations in them.  The statistics table for each question contains a SUM number (https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/standard-report-available-statistics#available-statistics) – this may be of some use to you.

Our approach to the job you are describing would be to export the response data into MS Excel and then perform the required calculations.  This would be easier than trying to force SurveyGizmo into doing something for which it wasn’t designed.  We would also have a greater degree of confidence in the results

Jim, I’m sorry I wasn’t clear enough. The thing is I need to perform calculations at the results level not at the response level.

We need to get say 3 numeric questions from our survey from all responses (say 10 responses) and do average and stddev calcs (would be done over 30 values in this example).

Is that at all possible with the standard reports? (scripting or no wouldn’t matter as long as it’s possible).

Furthermore we would need to get those same 3 question’s data and do similar math with another set of questions from the same survey (again doing the math over all responses not at the individual response).

As you can imagine we can’t simply calc at the survey level with hidden fields because that would imply an average of averages on the results page which isn’t mathematically correct. What would you do? ThanksAlex

mrbarusso answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
          • Views2783 times
          • Answers3 answers
          • Followers1 follower