Crosstab can’t see dropdown in custom group?

Hi, I have a survey where the customer has decided they would like a crosstab report run but the questions they want to run the crosstab on are dropdown fields in a custom question (we grouped a dropdown with location and an open-ended text field for other) and they aren’t appearing in the crosstab option but they do appear in the comparison option. They are just dropdown fields so I don’t understand why I can use them for the comparison report but not crosstab.

If I can’t use this type of field, is there a way to get at that data another way or is the comparison report by only option?

Thanks

Survey1 Gizmo answered

Is your custom question a Custom Group or a Custom Table? Custom Tables are fairly complex questions from a back-end standpoint and could explain the limitation.

The Crosstab documentation has compatible questions listed:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/cross-tab-report#compatible-question-types

While Custom Group questions are listed as compatible, Custom Tables are not.

Dominic Sharpe answered

It is a Custom Group question with a dropdown for country (what I’m trying to use) and an open-ended text question for “other” (that I am not trying to use).

When I look at the questions that I can use for the crosstab, the other dropdowns that are not in a Custom Group show up but not the dropdowns in Custom Group questions. However, they do show up when I look at the Comparison report.

Is it possible it is a bug?

Thanks!

Survey1 Gizmo answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views783 times
        • Answers2 answers
        • Followers1 follower