[Solved] Cross-Tab Results from a Cascade Drop-Down Question

Hi there, 

In a recent survey, I used a cascading drop-down to ask where respondents lived. They first selected country and then the state/territory. I wanted to cross-reference responses based on where they lived, but I saw that the only way to pull the data is through exporting through excel. I was wondering if there was any possible way to use the data to cross-tabulate between questions? If you are able to access my account, the surveys I am referring to are “Distributor Member Satisfaction 2015” and “Supplier Member Satisfaction 2015.”

Also, when I pull the report for the “Distributor Member Satisfaction 2015,” I am getting multiple blank data tables for the second question in page two “Please identify which of the following you are aware of and then select how valuable it is to your membership experience, if applicable:” which uses a custom table. The same question is used in the “Supplier Member Satisfaction 2015” (in the same format), but the report comes out fine. Wasn’t sure what the problem was.

Thank you in advance.

Keith asked

Best answer

Hi Keith!

Data from Cascading Dropdown questions are sadly not able to be used in advanced report types in SurveyGizmo such as the Cross Tab or Comparison report. A Cross Tab report on this data would have to be created outside of SurveyGizmo, perhaps using spreadsheet software such as LibreOffice or Microsoft Excel.

One way a Custom Table can end up with blank tables in a Report, is if the row headers have ever been renamed. Due to the way this question type is designed, this can cause a “ghost copy” of your question with the old row headers to appear. I apologize for this behavior — if you have any further questions about this, or if you suspect something is wrong with your data, please feel free to reach out to our Support team directly:

http://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/chat-with-a-hero

If you are able to access my account,

Finally, I wanted to leave a reminder that the Community is a public user forum for all SurveyGizmo users. Aside from SurveyGizmo employees who may hop in to answer questions from time to time, other Community members are not able to access your account.

I hope this helps to answer your questions!

Nathan - Survey Astronaut answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
      • Views393 times
      • Answers1 answer
      • Followers0 followers