can i create custom reporting values for rows instead of columns in a radio grid question?

I have a question in my survey where I’ve inserted images into the row columns of a radio grid question. I would like to create custom reporting values for these images so the entire html image string isn’t listed as the answer option in the report (I’m assuming this would be the default?), but when I click on the advanced option settings and choose ‘custom’, I’m only able to input custom reporting values into the columns and not the rows. Is there a way to create custom reporting values for the rows?   

peter answered
    Lola Gill 6.78K Rep.

If you edit your overall grid question, and then edit a specific row of your grid – you should have a Logic tab where one of the options should read as ‘Alias’.

I took this screenshot:

Hope this helps clarify!

Lola Gill answered
      peter 106 Rep.

Yes it does help but I’m not there yet. . The question with its 6 rows I want to code as SAT1, SAT2..etc to SAT6.

If I do the overall alias at Question level as SAT I get SAT:SAT1, SAT:SAT2 etc. 

If I dont ass an Alias at Question level I get SAT1:row 1 text, SAT2:row text 2

What I actually want is SAT1, SAT2. Is this possible?

peter answered
        Lola Gill 6.78K Rep.

I recommend taking a look at the Question Alias feature:

https://help.surveygizmo.com/help/using-question-aliases

You’re right in that there is not a way to assign reporting values to grid rows, but the aliases do allow you to assign a ‘code name’ for each row that can be used in reporting and exporting.

Hope this helps!

peter commented
          • I cant see how to assign said “code name” in this documentation. How do I do it?

Thanks

Login

Question stats

• Active
          • Views581 times
          • Answers3 answers
          • Followers1 follower