[Solved] change the value of a contact field

Hi,

I need to change the value of a contact field (email campaign) based on that the survey taker has viewed a page or not.

Is it possible with “Action”–> custom script?

Which is the correct script code to change a value of a contact field based on he has seen a page? for ex. after the page I set an action with the following custom script: “[contact(“fax”)]=”alpha” or [contact(“fax”)]=’alpha’?

thank you

Carlo Scaldarella105981 asked

Best answer

I’m pretty sure this isn’t possible. There are some API functions accessible in custom scripting having to do with email campaigns and lists, but they’re only add/remove based, and not update/edit based.

Elizabeth Rose answered

Hi Carla,

Following up from Lola’s comment, would you be able to clarify what your goal with this would be?  In other words, what would be the purpose of changing the value of a contact field?  There’s not a way directly to do this, so if you still need to do this, please let us know what the purpose of this functionality would be in your survey so someone could possibly help you figure out a different way to achieve your goal.

Tim – SurveyGizmo

Tim - SurveyGizmo answered
        Lola Gill 6.78K Rep.

I am not actually all that sure that this can be done with custom scripting… maybe you can clarify what the end goal is here, there might be another way to accomplish it…

Lola Gill answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
          • Views2345 times
          • Answers3 answers
          • Followers0 followers