[Solved] Cascading Drop Down Menue Question Edit

Hello,

I have a survey open and recently found out that there is a missing option. Is there anyway for me to add that missing option to the csv and not have to add a new question to the survey. I will have thousands of responses so hope to not change the structure of the raw data.

Lauren Bates312452 asked

Best answer

Hi Lauren, thanks for posting to Community!

It is generally not recommended to alter the structure of your survey after having collected data (see http://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/make-survey-edits). A exception to this rule is that elements (questions, answer options, actions) can usually be added without ill effect.

Referring to Cascading Dropdown questions specifically, configuring the question is done through a spreadsheet file that gets uploaded. Fear not, you may still add options without problem. To do this, you’ll need the original file that you uploaded to configure your question. Go ahead and make the edits necessary (adding one or more rows) then edit your existing Cascading Dropdown question and re-upload this file on the ‘Answers’ tab.

Cascading Dropdown settings do get cached, and so there will be a 5 to 10 minute delay in this change showing up in your live survey. All previously collected data will continue to be accessible just as it was before, and you should see no negative side-effects from this change :)

I hope this helps!

Nathan - Survey Astronaut answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
      • Views420 times
      • Answers1 answer
      • Followers0 followers