[Solved] Can I collect click coordinates as a response

I want to ask a question where I show respondents an image of a mobile app screen and ask them ‘where would you click to check your account settings?’

For their response, I need to know the area of the image they clicked.  Coordinates would work, but even better would be if I could specify and name areas of the image, and get back the name of the area.  For example, if I asked the question above and had named areas “Menu Button” “Left Navigation” and “Gear Icon” I would like to get one of these as the response.

Can this be done in SurveyGizmo?  I know if can be done in Qualtrics.

Thanks

Nancy Levy asked

Best answer

Hi Nancy,
    Thanks for reaching out with this question, and I’m sorry, we do not have a question type that would meet this specific need.

In this case, I would recommend using a radio button question and inserting the image into the body of the question text so the respondent can see the different areas of the screen and then select the labelled area that they click to check their account settings.

This makes the question less interactive but is also more accessible for someone who might be using an assistive device or service to take your survey.

I hope that helps point you in the right direction & please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any other questions, anytime!

Be excellent to each other,
    Justin Crowe
    Survey Time Lord – Customer Support Hero

J.Crowe - SurveyGizmo answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
      • Views347 times
      • Answers1 answer
      • Followers0 followers