[Solved] Can a Survey be completed by two different users?

Hi,

I am creating a Survey and first part of the form has to be completed by a user (Apprentice) and once he/she has completed this part, the second part of the form has to be completed by the  another user (Supervisor) and then it can finally be submitted. How can I do this?

Many thanks

Carolina

Carolina Pereyra asked

Best answer

Hey Carolina –

Thanks for the inquiry. This is possible, but it requires a bit of set up. First, you will need to understand how Edit Links work. You can learn about that here…

http://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/send-an-edit-link

In a nutshell, they allow a respondent to return to an active response and add data or edit existing data.

Then, at the point in the survey where it needs to be handed off to the next respondent, you would build an email action that sends the edit link to the second respondent. You can learn about email actions here…

http://help.surveygizmo.com/help/article/link/send-email-action

Within that email action you will provide an edit link by using a merge code. That merge codes looks like this…

[survey(“edit link”)]

However, this alone is not enough. This merge code will produce an edit link that drops the person back to the BEGINNING of the survey. It sounds like you’re wanting to drop the person back into the survey at a specific page. Therefore, we would need to add a variable that points to a specific page ID#. For the sake of this example, let’s use Page ID# 27. Then, the text within your email action would look something like this…

“Hello – please access the following link to complete the survey
    [survey(“edit link”)]&__sgtarget=27 ”

This would drop the person back into that response at a specific page ID#.

As you can see, there are few steps to get this to work properly and they will be unique to your survey. So, if you’re still a little unsure of how this works, it may be a good idea to open up a support ticket and work with one of us one on one to calibrate it for your survey.

Thanks!

Justin - Technical Zen Master answered
      • Hi – I previously tried to build something similar (employee/manager scenario) but I came across an issue whereby the original respondent (employee) could potentially access and edit the manager pages of the survey.

This could occur if the employee clicked on the email invitation link again (after they had submitted their part of the survey), AND if the manager had started but not submitted their part of the survey (even if the manager had just clicked on the edit link, not made any changes and closed the browser window). Then, the invitation link would return the respondent to the last survey page accessed (i.e. the manager page), and technically the employee could view and edit/submit the manager section of the survey, which is something we weren’t comfortable with.

Appreciate that the risk of this happening is probably quite low, but is there a simple solution to it (without requiring an in depth knowledge of CSS etc.)?

I did raise a ticket at the time, and tried adding URL variables etc., but this didn’t result in a resolution – the best suggestion being that a much more complex solution, involving merging two seperate surveys into one via CSS, would be required (which is beyond me!).

If anyone else has encountered this issue and has any suggestions as to how to resolve this more simply, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks

• This is brilliant! Got it working fine. I am sending the edit link on an email to the second user. However I like to hyperlink text rather than showing the full URL. Only problem with that is if I edit any of the email content, when I save it corrupts the link and I have to set it all over again. Is there any way of stopping this happening?

When I hyperlink the text I set the Protocol to the put the merge code as the URL [survey(“edit link”)]&__sgtarget=8

This is brilliant! Got it working fine. I am sending the edit link on an email to the second user. However I like to hyperlink text rather than showing the full URL. Only problem with that is if I edit any of the email content, when I save it corrupts the link and I have to set it all over again. Is there any way of stopping this happening?

When I hyperlink the text I set the Protocol to <other> the put the merge code as the URL [survey(“edit link”)]&__sgtarget=8 

Tracie Dick answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views3772 times
        • Answers2 answers
        • Followers0 followers