How can I build one question with a radio button grid AND a checkbox, which disables the radio button grid.

I want to build a question in which participants can rate different statemets in a radio button grid, but there should be also a checkbox with the option “none of the above”. If particpants select the checkbox the radio button grid should disable.

I tried to build this combination with a custom group, but than I have to set sub question (here “…”) and I can not disable the radio button grid by selecting the checkbox.

Can anybody help? Many thanks in advance!

Claudia Heinze Userlutions GmbH answered
    IS 2.20K Rep.

There are a few things I am not understanding about your question and I can’t see the image you included, so I can’t be too specific.

In general, the only way to affect a question earlier in the page with a later question is to use a JavaScript action. In many cases, without JavaScript, the question that hides or disables another one must be on a previous page. 

IS answered

A simpler approach to your problem may be to reverse the order of your questions.

Rework your checkbox (I would recommend a radio button) question “None of the above” to something like “Does this apply to you?” Then use question logic so that the radio button grid appears if the respondent answers YES.

Jim W (Moderator) answered

Login

Question stats

• Active
        • Views461 times
        • Answers3 answers
        • Followers1 follower